Featured Dish: Steamed Lobster Tails, $43
Snow White’s apple dumpling recipe persuaded the Seven Dwarfs to let her stay. If a Disney cartoon character could make apple dumplings worth remembering, surely the modern American cook can.
homemade mini veggie pizzas for hungry children are always a hit! #homespun #food #fridayNight #piZZa #noNeckMonsters (Taken with iphone)
What’s not to love? If I bring out a big plate of 7-layer dip, I won’t hardly move away from it until it’s gone. You could call it an appetizer, but I would happily make it my entrée.
- 2 cups homemade refried beans, or 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped (Use 2 avocados if they’re small)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Tortilla chips (they’re best if they’re warmed in the oven first)
Spread beans on a shallow, 12-inch serving platter. Arrange chopped avocado over the beans and sprinkle with lemon juice.
In a small mixing bowl combine the sour cream, chili powder, cumin and salt. Spread the sour cream mixture evenly over the avocados. Layer the tomatoes and then the olives. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over all and then top with the sliced green onions. Serve with tortilla chips.
The recipe for these tasty pork wontons is from noodle shop owner Ma Yingjun. See Matt Gross’s article Flavors of Sichuan for information on hard-to-find ingredients.
Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/16bwIS4
Photo: Ariana Lindquist
nom nom nom.